It goes without saying that Leonardo DiCaprio needs no introduction. When he first debuted in Titanic, everyone fell head over heels for him due to his dashing good looks and endearing personality. Today, he is one of the most well-liked performers in the business. But despite the fact that playing Jack helped him establish himself as a starring man in Hollywood blockbusters, he has only appeared in 29 movies throughout the course of his 30-year career.
1. He was given the name Leonardo da Vinci, after the brilliant Renaissance artist and inventor.
When Leo’s mother was pregnant with him, she felt his kicks for the first time at the Uffizi gallery in Florence, Italy, which has a picture by Leonardo da Vinci. At the time, she was looking at the artwork. Because his parents saw this as some sort of omen, they chose to give him the name Leonardo. Leonardo means “son of Leonardo.”
2. However, his agency is concerned that the unusual pronunciation of his name may make it difficult for him to get employment.
When Leo was just starting out in his career, he had problems getting an agent, and when he did, the agency suggested that he alter his name to Lenny Williams so that he might appeal to a larger number of people in the United States. than. Even though Leo tried out for one hundred different jobs, he remained jobless for almost a year and a half after turning down the offer. Even though he had 100 different auditions. But, happily, two years later, Leo finally found an agent to identify himself in his name. Luck finally smiled upon him at that moment.
3. Obsessive-compulsive disorder has been something that has plagued Leonardo DiCaprio throughout his whole life.
Obsessive-compulsive disorder, often known as OCD, is a condition that affects a person’s mental health and causes them to have the feeling that they need to perform a ritual in order to “deal” with their obsessions. However, Leo tried all in his power to battle his disease since he didn’t want it to have an impact on his life. As he proceeded up the sidewalk, he forced himself not to tread on any of the gum stains and insisted that he should go through the doors wherever possible.
4. In 2009, Leo purchased an island with the objective of developing it into an environmentally conscious resort.
A stunning $1.75 million was spent by Leo with the intention of constructing a resort that is totally self-sufficient and comprises 36 villas that depend exclusively on natural energy. However, his plan did not proceed as well as planned, and a building permit was only issued after numerous delays in the construction process.
5. While Leo was in South Africa to make the movie Blood Diamond, he took in an orphaned South African girl and raised her as his own.
He won’t take her back to Los Angeles, but he will support her and the group home where she is now residing by depositing checks and providing financial assistance.
6. He was the recipient of the prize for “worst actor” at one point.
Leo has been honored with a variety of accolades throughout the course of his career, including a Razzie Award. The role of King Louis that he played in the movie Man in the Iron Mask earned him the prize for “Worst Screen Couple” in the year 1999.
7. Leo pulled his dogs from the freezing water where they had been trapped.
While they were shooting the movie Don’t Look Up, something took place on the set. When he entered the water to save one of his dogs from the water, the other one of his dogs followed him into the river. Eventually, both of his pets were rescued. Thankfully, after all, was over, none of the three were hurt.
8. According to his dating history, he has never been involved with a lady who is older than 25 years old.
Even at the age of 47, he doesn’t seem to be bothered by the age difference that he has with his partner. Camila Morrone, who is 22 years his junior, is his current girlfriend, and the two of them have been together for a total of 4 years. However, this is not the first time he has dated a lady who is a significant amount of years younger than him.
In addition, he dated younger women such as Nina Agdal, Kelly Rohrbach, Toni Garrn, Erin Heatherton, Blake Lively, Bar Refaeli, and Gisele Bündchen. None of these women were older than 25 at the time they were his girlfriends.
9. Together with Kate Winslet, he sent money to the elderly woman who was the only survivor of the Titanic so that she would not have to sell her mementos to pay her nursing care bills.
After breaking her hip, Millvina Dean, who was the youngest passenger on the Titanic and the only person to survive the sinking of the ship, moved into a nursing home. Dean is known as the “last survivor of the Titanic.” However, since she lacked the financial means to pay the fees, she was compelled to sell Titanic artifacts in order to obtain the necessary monies. A fund in her name was established, and Kate and Leo each contributed $30,000 to it in order to cover the costs of her nursing home care.